Dr. Jan-Henrik Meyer
Modern History (PhD)
Researcher "Communication & Public Research"
Fax: +49 (0) 30 80 30 88-88
- Jan-Henrik Meyer has been working for the IZT since May 2020.
- He also works as a senior researcher at the Max Planck Institute for European Legal History in a project on the history of European Environmental Law and teaches European Studies at FU Berlin and NTNU Trondheim. He is an associate researcher at the Leibniz Centre for Contemporary History (ZZF) Potsdam.
- Between 2015 and 2019 he was a Work Package Leader for Communication and Stakeholder Engagement within the EU funded project HoNESt - History of Nuclear Energy and Society (http://www.honest2020.eu), a principal investigator and Associate Professor the University of Copenhagen, conducting research on the conflict about nuclear energy in Denmark and Europe.
- Between 2010 and 2016 Jan-Henrik Meyer worked as a researcher, Assistant and Associate Professor in European Studies at Aarhus University, Denmark, and NTNU Trondheim, Norway, conducting research on European Environmental Policy.
- Between 2008 and 2010 he was a Marie-Curie-Fellow at the University of Portsmouth, UK.
- In 2008, Meyer obtained his PhD from Free University Berlin (FU), with a thesis on the emergence of a European Public Sphere, based an a comparative media study of French, British and German newspapers.
- Jan-Henrik Meyer studied history, political science, European Studies and sociology at Humboldt-University Berlin, the London School of Economics (UK) and Duke University (USA).
- Meyer, Jan-Henrik; Hasenöhrl, Ute (2020): The Energy Challenge in Historical Perspective. Technology and Culture 61 (1), pp. 295-306.
- Meyer, Jan-Henrik; Kaijser, Arne (2018): Nuclear Installations at the Border. Transnational connections and international implications. An Introduction. Journal for the History of Environment and Society 3, pp.1-32.
- Meyer, Jan-Henrik; Kaijser, Arne (2018): “The World´s Worst Located Nuclear Power Plant”: Danish and Swedish perspectives on the Swedish nuclear power plant Barsebäck. Journal for the History of Environment and Society 3, pp. 71-105.
- Meyer, Jan-Henrik; Kirchhof, Astrid M.(2014): Global Anti-Nuclear Protest. Transfer and Transnational Exchange in the 1970s and 1980s. Historical Social Research 39 (1), pp. 165-190.
- Meyer, Jan-Henrik (2014): Where do we go from Wyhl? Transnational Anti-Nuclear Protest in the 1970s. Historical Social Research. 39 (1), pp. 212-235.