Scharp, Michael; Eyrich, Ralph; Schmidthals, Malte (2018): Klimaschutz in der Schulküche lohnt sich – auch finanziell. Forschungsprojekt lotet Einsparpotenzial aus. In: Forum Nachhaltiges Wirtschaften / forum-csr.net (26.11.2018)
Climate friendly canteens in schools
- Faktor 10 - Institut für nachhaltiges Wirtschaften gGmbH (Friedberg)
- Netzwerk e.V. - Soziale Dienste und ökologische Bildung (Köln)
- Vegetarierbund Deutschland e.V. (Berlin)
- ifeu - Institut für Energie- und Umweltforschung (Heidelberg)
- Wuppertal Institut für Klima, Energie, Umwelt (Wuppertal)
IZT is the project coordinator and responsible especially for public relations, media and further education and training. The following products will be developed.
- A KEEKS-Guideline, which offers (school) canteens a practical approach to increase their climate and energy efficiency
- A KEEKS-web app for climate and energy efficient meals in school canteens, which shows the differences between various meals
- A KEEKS-e-cookbook for community catering in schools, which is also available offline • A KEEKS-platform for the general public
- A KEEKS-manual for further education of school kitchen managers and vocational school teachers, which demonstrates how knowledge about climate and energy efficiency in the kitchen can be imparted
- 10 KEEKS-3D animated videos illustrating the topic across all age groups in an entertaining way
- Various KEEKS-concepts, materials and guidelines for different settings of continued education, and
- A concept for transformation and transfer to further the dissemination and transfer of results into other fields of community catering (e.g. company canteens, university canteens) as well as into politics
26 September 2018: The United Nations Climate Change Secetariat (UNFCCC) has announced the awardees of the 2018 Climate Action Award "Momentum for Change". Among the winners is the project "KEEKS - climate-friendly school kitchens", which is coordinated by the IZT. The project comes to the conclusion: Dedicated school kitchen teams can save a considerable amount of climate-relevant emissions.