STOA – Energy
- Institute for Studies on the Integration of Systems (ISIS), Italy
- Enerdata, France
- Inasmet – Tecnalia, Spain
- Labein – Tecnalia, Spain
Jointly with four European partners, IZT has entered a framework contract with the European Parliament (EP) on the provision of scientific consultancy services on energy issues to STOA — the EP’s Scientific Technology Options Assessment panel. The consortium is going to deliver expert opinions and studies concerning
- assessment of the impacts of introducing or promoting technologies;
- Approaches for solving technology-related problems;
- Policy options for action;
- Contributions to a dialogue between the political and scientific communities, and society at large.
Studies of technology assessment for STOA are designed to deal with long-term, complex and interdisciplinary issues. Precise topics will be defined by STOA according to requests issues by Members of the European Parliament.